Privacy Notice - Winford Engineering
Winford Engineering is a privately held company in the United States. We offer products and services to customers around the world. We do not knowingly receive or seek information from children.
Protecting customer information and privacy is important to Winford Engineering, and this notice describes our handling of customer data. We do collect customer information submitted to us by the customer for the purpose of conducting business transactions and fulfilling customer orders. Some additional information is collected from our web site; see below for more details.
Privacy regulations and practices do change over time, and this notice will be updated from time to time to reflect those changes.
Collection and Use of Data
When a customer conducts business with Winford Engineering, the customer supplies (and we receive) the data necessary to fulfill the business contract. This includes data such as name, address, contact information, and financial payment data. This information is received, processed, and stored in the United States. We do not sell personal data to anyone, and we share data only with third parties involved in delivering our products and services.
Use of winford.com Web SiteOur web site does log certain information about users. This includes information which appears in typical web server log files, such as IP address, date and time of access, web browser type, computer or device type, referring URL, etc.
CookiesOur web site does employ cookies for two purposes:
- Session cookies allow us to implement a shopping cart and payment system which is linked to the user during their session on our web site. These cookies are necessary for this basic functionality of the web site.
- Analytics cookies allow us to understand how people navigate our site and purchase our products. It helps us understand the popularity of certain pages on our site and the effectiveness of marketing dollars. Winford Engineering uses Google Analytics to provide this analytics service to us, and Google Analytics places several cookies in the process of doing this. Some information about users is sent to Google during the analytics process, and that information is stored in Google servers in the United States.
We do not participate in remarketing activities offered by Google Analytics. By using our web site, you consent to the processing of certain data about you for the purposes described above.
Sharing Information with OthersWe never sell personal information. We do send certain personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- We share information with service providers necessary for the fulfilment of the customer business contract. Our service providers include payment processors for charging customer credit cards, and shipping companies for delivering customer orders.
- Analyzing user traffic on our web site (see above).
- With customer consent, we may from time to time use a third party email service provider to notify customers of new products, discounts, or other marketing messages.
Data Subject Rights
The European Union has enacted legislation designed to protect the privacy and personal information of people using the internet and conducting business with companies. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) specifies certain rights people have regarding the processing, accessing, correcting, and deleting of their personal data. The UK's Information Commissioner's Office has published a Guide to the GDPR which provides an explantion for the laws.
If you have questions are concerns about the processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request information regarding: the purpose of processing, the accuracy of the data, the length of data retention, and who else may have received the data. You have the right to correct errant data maintained by Winford Engineering. With certain exceptions, you may request that we delete your personal data. Reasonable access to your personal data will be granted in a timely fashion and at no cost to the user.
In certain countries, you have the right to register a complaint with the data privacy governing authority if you have concerns about how Winford Engineering is processing your personal data.