Privacy Notice - Winford Engineering
Winford Engineering is a privately held company in the United States and operates http://www.winford.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from Users of the Site. We do not knowingly receive or seek information from children.
Protecting customer information and privacy is important to Winford Engineering, and this notice describes our handling of customer data. We do collect customer information submitted to us by the customer for the purpose of conducting business transactions and fulfilling customer orders. Some additional information is collected from our web site; see below for more details. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Collection and Use of Data
When a customer conducts business with Winford Engineering or uses our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, contact information, and financial payment data. This information is received, processed, and stored in the United States. We do not sell personal data to anyone; we do share data with third parties involved in delivering our products and services or in analysis of web site usage.
Use of the Site
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files containing a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Our web site does employ cookies for two purposes:
- Session cookies allow us to implement a shopping cart and payment system which is linked to the user during their session on our web site. These cookies are necessary for this basic functionality of the web site.
- Analytics cookies allow us to understand how people navigate our site and purchase our products. It helps us understand the popularity of certain pages on our site and the effectiveness of marketing dollars. Winford Engineering uses Google Analytics to provide this analytics service to us, and Google Analytics places several cookies in the process of doing this. Some information about users is sent to Google during the analytics process, and that information is stored in Google servers in the United States. We do not participate in remarketing activities offered by Google Analytics.
By using our web site, you consent to the processing of certain data about you for the purposes described above.
Sharing Information with OthersWe never sell personal information. We do send certain personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- We share information with service providers necessary for the fulfilment of the customer business contract. Our service providers include payment processors for charging customer credit cards, and shipping companies for delivering customer orders.
- Analyzing user traffic on our web site (see above).
- With customer consent, we may from time to time use a third party email service provider to notify customers of new products, discounts, or other marketing messages.
Data Subject Rights
The European Union has enacted legislation designed to protect the privacy and personal information of people using the internet and conducting business with companies. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) specifies certain rights people have regarding the processing, accessing, correcting, and deleting of their personal data. The UK's Information Commissioner's Office has published a Guide to the GDPR which provides an explantion for the laws.
If you have questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. You may request information regarding: the purpose of processing, the accuracy of the data, the length of data retention, and who else may have received the data. You have the right to correct errant data maintained by Winford Engineering. With certain exceptions, you may request that we delete your personal data. Reasonable access to your personal data will be granted in a timely fashion and at no cost to the user.
In certain countries, you have the right to register a complaint with the data privacy governing authority if you have concerns about how Winford Engineering is processing your personal data.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us; Winford Engineering has taken measures to secure the personal data of its customers. This includes measures such as restricting physical access to customer data on the premises, restricting internal electronic access to customer data, securing servers containing data, and using encryption for certain records.
Remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes to This Privacy Notice