Normal Business Hours:
- Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Excludes holidays and other occasional exceptions
- Place your order online with our secure shopping cart and checkout system.
- Phone in your order by calling Winford Engineering toll-free at 877-634-2673 or from outside USA call 989-671-9721.
- Fax your order to us at 1-989-671-2941.
- Mail your order to us. Please see our Contact page for our address.
Please use our downloadable order form (in PDF format) if you would like to mail or fax your order.
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Check (payable to Winford Engineering)
- Money Order
- Purchase Order (Net 30): Subject to credit approval. Only available for US companies. Minimum PO: $50.00
Customers must place at least three initial orders with credit card or PayPal payment and have those orders total at least $300 in product value before applying for an account.
Shipping and Handling
- Our shipping system requires the zip code associated with your UPS account, for account verification. This is typically the zip code of the address to which UPS sends bills.
- If we are unable to use the account information you have provided and are unable to contact you for updated information, we reserve the right to prepay and add the shipping amount to your invoice. This allows us to get the order out on time instead of delaying shipment in the event we are unable to reach you. This can happen, for example, if an incorrect account number or zip code has been entered.
- You as the customer remain ultimately liable for the shipping charges. If for any reason the carrier, such as UPS, bills the shipping charge back to Winford Engineering instead of billing you, you will be responsible to pay that amount to Winford Engineering.
- Within the United States
- US Postal Service Priority Mail: This option is often the most economical for small, lightweight orders. This option should be chosen for orders shipped to Post Office boxes, since UPS cannot deliver to PO boxes. Priority Mail typically has a time in transit of 2-3 business days to any USA destination, but the Postal Service does not guarantee a delivery date for Priority Mail, so in some cases it may be longer.
- US Postal Service Express Mail: This service provides either Next Day or Second Day delivery to US addresses, including Post Office Boxes. The time in transit (1 or 2 days) depends on the exact delivery location. To determine time for your destination, you may use the Express Mail Service Commitment tool on www.usps.com and enter an origin zip code of 48611 (click here).
- UPS Ground: Usually the most cost effective shipping method for orders over a few pounds.
The map below shows the number of business days an order will be in transit when shipped
by UPS Ground:
- UPS 3 Day Select: This service provides delivery by the end of the 3rd business day after the date of shipment. For many addresses, UPS Ground provides an equivalent service at a less expensive rate (see map above).
- UPS 2nd Day Air: This service provides delivery by the end of the 2nd business day after the date of shipment. For some addresses, UPS Ground provides an equivalent service at a less expensive rate (see map above).
- UPS Next Day Air Saver: This service provides delivery by the end of the first business day after the date of shipment.
- UPS Next Day Air: This service provides delivery on the first business day after
the date of shipment. For many locations, delivery will be by 10:30 AM, but some locations
will be by 12:00 noon or the end of the day.
To calculate the delivery time for your location, please use the UPS Time/Cost Calculator. NOTE: Please enter Auburn, MI 48611 for "Ship From". You do not need to enter a package weight if you click the "Calculate Time Only" button.
- International Shipping Methods
- NOTE: Unless otherwise specified or agreed upon, international shipments do not include insurance and Winford Engineering will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur. You are responsible for any customs, tariffs, or brokerage fees that may be charged by your country and/or the carrier.
- UPS Worldwide Express Saver: Time in transit varies by country/region, but is typically from 1 business day to 5 business days. Exact time in transit can be calculated on the UPS web site using the Calculate Time tool by entering Auburn, 48611, United States for "Ship From" and your location for "Ship To." UPS may charge a customs brokerage fee, which we do not control.
- UPS Standard: Currently available for Canadian destinations only. Time in transit varies, but is typically 1-1.5 weeks, depending on how quickly the package clears customs. Please note that UPS may charge you a customs brokerage fee, which varies depending on the value and quantity of items, but is typically at least $25.
- US Postal Service Priority Mail International: This service usually takes 2-3 weeks for delivery, but it may be longer if there are delays in customs. Some tracking information is usually available, depending on the destination.
- US Postal Service Express Mail International: This service usually takes about 1-2 weeks for delivery, depending on destination, but it may be longer if there are delays in customs. Some tracking information is usually available, depending on the destination.
- Other: Other shipping options may be available. Please Contact us if another shipping method is desired. UPS and FedEx provide services to many international destinations, but they are quite expensive.
Exact Shipping and Handling charges are calculated by our web site based on the weight and volume of the products and the shipping destination. Orders placed before 3:00 PM Eastern Time on a business day can typically be shipped the same day. Please call if you would like to verify stock and shipping schedule. If an order received before 3:00 PM is unable to ship the same day, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Terms for Shipping Charges
We can prepay and add the shipping and handling to your order, or, for UPS shipping methods, we can bill the charges to your UPS account. Depending on the amount and the destination country of your order, there may be a small handling fee. This is calculated and explained during the online checkout process. For orders to the USA, there is a $3.00 handling fee for product totals under $30.00, while higher product totals have no handling fee. Please note the following points for Collect shipping:
NOTE: For all UPS shipping options, Saturday, Sunday, and any holidays are not counted as days in transit. For example, a Next Day Air package shipped on Friday will be delivered on Monday. If you need UPS Saturday Delivery options, please call.
Orders in the state of Michigan are subject to 6.00% Michigan sales tax.
- There is no minimum for phone or online orders paid by credit card or PayPal. However, if you choose to use your own shipping account on orders under $30.00, a $3.00 fee is charged to cover packaging materials and overhead.
- Other orders (e.g. purchase orders) must meet a minimum amount of $50.00 before shipping and handling. A $10.00 handling fee can be included to waive the minimum.
Customers must place at least three initial orders with credit card or PayPal payment and have those orders total at least $300 in product value before applying for an account. After that, we will need your credit references to begin the account setup process. Once an account has been established, we will accept written purchase orders. The minimum order with Net terms is $50.00 before shipping and handling.
Please see our Privacy Notice page.
- If any products you receive are damaged or defective upon receipt, Winford Engineering will provide replacement products at no additional cost to you.
- Winford Engineering will pay for return shipment of the defective products by the shipping method we specify.
- Customized, custom-cut cables/wire, and custom-designed products are Non-Cancellable and Non-Returnable. Our normal return policy below does NOT apply to custom products.
- If you decide you do not want the products you ordered or for any other reason you wish to return the products, you may do so within 30 days of the receipt of your shipment.
- Please notify us before sending back your products
- Products must be received by Winford Engineering in good condition before we provide your refund.
- We will not refund shipping and handling costs of your original order, nor pay for you to ship the products back to us.
- If your original order used our flat rate shipping and our cost of shipping was higher than the amount you were charged, your refund amount may be reduced by the difference.
- If your original order included an item that received a quantity price break and you return just a portion of those items, your refund amount may be adjusted to reflect the item's price at the lower quantity that you kept.
- Restocking Fee: We charge a 5% restocking fee on returned products, with a minimum fee of $10. This will be subtracted from your refund amount.
In certain cases, Winford Engineering may determine that an order requires Non-Cancellable and Non-Returnable terms, in which case we will not proceed with the order without your specific approval of those terms.
Our ordering system accepts orders and calculates exact shipping and
handling for many international destinations. If your country is not listed as an option,
we most likely can still accept your order. In that case,
please email a list of products and quantities that you're
interested in along with your desired shipping method to
We'll be glad
to provide you with a quote on shipping and handling costs for
your order. Unless otherwise
specified or agreed upon, international shipments do not
include insurance and Winford Engineering will not be
responsible for any loss or damage that may occur.
RoHS Compliance Information
- What is RoHS?
RoHS stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. It is legislation in the European Union (EU Directive 2002/95/EC) that restricts the use of certain so-called "hazardous" substances in electrical or electronic equipment sold or used in the European Union after July 1, 2006. These substances are lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls, and polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
- Which Products are RoHS Compliant?
RoHS compliance status for each of our products is listed on the product's web page in the pricing table.
- Non-RoHS Products
If the product you need is listed as non-RoHS compliant and you need a RoHS compliant version, please contact us. In some cases, we may have RoHS compliant versions available. Please do not order any non-RoHS products if you are in the European Union and you are not covered by an exemption. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Other Terms and Conditions
Winford Engineering, LLC reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders, whether or not the order has been submitted, confirmed, and/or charged to your credit card. This is primarily intended in case our web site would grossly misrepresent or miscalculate the cost for an order. If your credit card has been charged and your order must be cancelled, we will issue a credit to your credit card.